Saturday, October 3, 2015

warmed leftovers

     Once again, I have made my yearly goal to blog.  Yet again, it is almost the end of the year and I have posted only two.  Well, I have promised myself that this will soon change.  I have begun the long process of weight loss numerous times throughout my life and while I have had small successes, ultimately I have failed.
   "Failure is not an option", she said as I sat in my administrators office one afternoon.  Failure is not an option.  
    While I have prayed and researched and thought about weight loss surgery for years, I am finally making the decision.  My surgery is scheduled for December 17th and I will be undergoing the bariatric sleeve.  
   Is it the easy way out?  NO!
   This is the hardest thing I have ever done.  I have been dealing with doctors and scales, meetings, dietitians, strict diets and sugar free Jello.  This has not been the easy way out.  I am now waiting for my insurance's decision and I will know next month if all this has been worth it.  I will know if I am approved to have the surgery.  
   A friend of mine recently had this procedure and she has been telling me her journey and what to expect.  Yesterday, while we were discussing eating, she explained that she ordered a children's chicken and rice meal at the local Mexican restaurant and she warmed it up for leftovers the entire day.  One meal fed her for the entire day.  
   I wish that were the case for me right now.  While I am on a strict no carb diet from my doctor, all I can think about is ice cream!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment